The Kingdom Outpost was started as a hub bringing together and building up communities, “outposts” of Jesus’s Kingdom, through podcasts, videos, articles, blogs, emails, social media and other resources. What we’re hoping to do build a platform around a Christ-centered “Kingdom vision” – discipleship, nonviolence or radical love, nonconformity, and turning the world “upside-down”.
What we are here to do is gather and network “Kingdom” voices, joined by our allegiance and brotherhood and representing a range of valuable viewpoints, backgrounds and perspectives. We hope to engage with the larger Christian world – in the past four months, the website has reached nearly 6,000 visitors from countries such as the United States, India, Canada, Nepal, Ireland, Bangladesh, Germany, the UK and China.
We’re looking for articles, videos, podcasts and more! Do get in touch through social media or email today.
If you have a testimony, want to share your journey and questions with us, or simply have thoughts and musings, we would love to share and platform that! It’s not about reaching the end of your destination, having all the answers or having everything perfectly together – that’s too tall of an order for anybody. Rather, what we’d love to do is journey together and unburden the things on our hearts that we’re passionate about, that we believe really matter.
Themes and Topics!
(1) The Kingdom Vision – Allegiance, Worldview, and Current Events
On the “Kingdom vision”, we’re looking for exploring what the Kingdom of God means in terms of allegiance and worldview. Previous content includes:
- Jesus is King – Why this Matters, What This Means by Rebekah Mui
- Repenting of Nationalism by Sharon Graber Carpenter
- (Video) Christian Nonviolence – Why Every Christian Should Oppose War by Titus Kuepfer
- (Video Series) Gospel in Brief by Andrew Power
We’re also looking for a Kingdom perspective on world events and current issues, such as the capital riots, COVID-19 vaccines and the recent Israeli-Palestinian clashes.
- (Video) COVID-19 Vaccine: Interview with Dr. Finny Kuruvilla; A Kingdom Perspective by That Jesus Podcast
- You Cannot Love God and Hate Palestinians: Christianity and the “Other” by Rebekah Mui
- (Podcast) Sexual Holiness; Transgender Identity – Interviews by Preston Sprinkle by That Jesus Podcast
- (Podcast) On the Capitol Riots — Insurrection, Christian Nationalism and Where Do We Go From Here? by the Third Way Podcast
(2) Spiritual Growth, Devotion, and Testimonies
On the devotion life, growing spiritually and loving Jesus, we’re looking for thoughts and testimonies, on themes such as prayer, reading the Scriptures, and pursuing holiness.
- Mere Devotion by Titus Kuepfer
- Critical Thinking (Through the Eyes of a Berean) by Mary Derstine
- Jesus, Mother Hens and Chickens by Frank Reed
- Instruments of Holiness: Seven Lessons from Scripture by Sheryl Kornelsen
- Fasting? by Emily Smucker
- Love IS Holiness: Mere Devotion and the Heart by Rebekah Mui
- Search for God by Titus Kuepfer
We’re also looking for personal testimonies about your journey with the Lord, i.e.:
- (Podcast) Same-Sex Attraction: Interview by Abram Martin by That Jesus Podcast
- Discovering Worship by Rosanna Brubacker
- On cultural volume – A convert’s ramblings on being adopted by Anabaptism by Ellie Genevieve Greenwood
- Searching for the Kingdom by Carla Boner
(3) Relationships, Justice and Missions
Finally, we’re looking to publish content about what it really means for the rubber to hit the road in terms of how we relate to one another and the world at large.
We’re looking for articles about life, living and relationships for men, women and churches. Previous content includes:
- Relationships – Kingdom Women Podcast Season 2
- (Podcast) Sex is Good! With Dru and Lisl Lattin on That Jesus Podcast
- Jesus, Meekness, and Nonviolence in Gender Theology: An Introduction by Rebekah Mui
- Obey them that have rule over you? Giving account for our use of Hebrews 13:7 by Dwight Gringrich
- PODCAST: Submission, Oppression, and Freedom (Fourth Way Podcast Interview with the Kingdom Women Podcast)
Another huge question is how justice and righteousness can be lived out in missions, adoption, advocacy and other areas. Here’s some previous content we’ve published in this area – even hard conversations about difficult topics and challenges Christians face today.
- Is the Gospel Enough? Contemplating Social Justice by Derek Kreider
- (Podcast and Transcript) Child Sexual Abuse: Interview with Hope Anne Dueck by That Jesus Podcast
- Saving Babies in Uganda: Interview with Chloe Milioni by That Jesus Podcast
- (VIDEO) Get in the Way of Evil feat. Val Yoder by Zach Barkman
- Domestic Violence: Nonviolence at Home by Rosanna Brubacker
- What is a Girl Worth by Rachael Denhollander – Book Review by Laura Sporre
Of course, the primary way we can do justice and transform the world is through missions. We’re looking for articles that inspire more believers to catch that Great Commission vision as well as challenge and convict us as we do so.
- Prejudice on the Mission Field by Keeshon Marshall Washington
- Missions: Why the Christians you disagree with aren’t “The Unreached” by Titus Kuepfer
- “Indigenous” Church Planting in North America by Ernest Eby
- Discipleship as Education: What Jesus Taught Us About Teaching by Rebekah Mui